Saturday, March 3, 2012

When yarn BLOOMS.

This is the term I was not aware of for some time, I just knew that there are yarns that 'fill out the little spots in the pattern nicely" and the yarns that do not. Those that do not BLOOM, give a nice strong detail to your pieces and show off patterns very well.
But many times, my Granny Squares looked 'poor', skinny, like they are not filled out right.
So I kept looking and asking questions, untill one of my more experienced friends mentioned, that I am looking for yarn that BLOOMS.

Makes sense now.


These are two samples of the same thing.
One is made from yarn that does not BLOOM, the other from BLOOMING yarn.
Both yarns are the same thickness and the same hook size was used.
Can you see what I am talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment