Friday, March 2, 2012

Knit Picks CotLin DK Yarn - 3 STARS

This cotton blend yarn fits nicely within my collection of Shine Sport, as it is almost the same wieght and thickness.
These are the colors I added. As you can see, these two yarn lines are so close in their looks that I had a hard time separating them without having their labels on.
****picture comming

1. Lilac -darker shade of purple, not as dark as Shine Sport Serenade
2. Creme Brulee - reminds me a dark banana yellow
3. Sea Foam - nice shade of tourqiose
4. Flamingo - light pink-almost powdery peach
5. Linen - true brownish tan
6. Moroccan red -red red

Color choices:
I picked a few colors of CotLin DK because they were just a little gentler and softer.

Feel of the yarn:
CotLin is great for filling up the empty spaces in your palette selection, but I would not pick this thread up for a project alone. Not for one that has to be worned, touched and used on the regular basis. As I worked on my granny squares, I found that the more I handled this yarn, more tiny fuzzies appeared. When you squezee the ball, it gives you hat 'crunch or squeel' feeling. I think it is due to 30% linen in it. This is not necessary the bad thing, I am just comparing my experiences to other yarn, like Shine Sport is.

CotLin DK is a good choice to suplement your stash, will work well at a price of$ 2.79 per 50g.

 I give this yarn three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment