Thursday, March 1, 2012

Knit Picks Shine Sport gets Five stars

One of my favorite yarns to use is Knit Picks Shine Sport.
Every color addict should have stash of this cotton blend.
It is perfect weight for my crochet projects. Here is what you see on the label.

Color options:
There are many bright and pure colors in this line, many lights, darks and anywhere in between. If you've seen my work, you know how much I love colors. Not many yarn brands have wide palette of colors for me.
And if you can't find color you need, Shine Sport can be easily augmented with CotLin from Knit Picks. I also found that Simplicity

These are all the colors I have in my stash: 

1. Willow  2. Cream   3. Blush  4. Crocus   5. Serenade?   6. Chartreuse   7. Macaw   8. Reef
9. Aquamarine   10. French Blue   11. Robot   12. Wallaby   13. Bison  14. Pageant    15. Sky
16. Hydrangea
17. Cosmopolitans  18. Clementine 19. Dandelion  20. Wisteria
white and black

Make sure to get an extra ball of white, as it is part of almost every block. I always get two whites and one black no matter what yarn selection.

Fell of this yarn:
Shine Sport has very soft, sleek feel to it. It is pure joy to work with as it slides on your hook like butter. It does not split as you poke your crochet hook through the loops. Little spaces are filled just right. There is a touch of shine that accents your pattern. This shine does not come from some artificial additions, it comes from how it is made or twisted, Most of all, I like that no little fuzzies tangle on your hook or fuzz over the pattern. It is clean work.
I use 3.5mm crochet hook. Anything bigger feels nice but creates a piece that is way too soft for me. I like my finished work to hold its shape nicely, so 3.5mm is great.
I also think it helps to have tighter stitches when it is time to wash it.

Cost:
For $2.49 / 50g ball, it is great deal. Good price, good color selection, many colors and fun to work with. You might get free shipping too.

Love it!
Shine Sport gets FIVE STARS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment